18 Travel Quotes To Get You Out Of Your Comfort Zone
It can be very easy to get stuck in our routines and day to day lives, never truly experiencing anything brand new. We can grow so much from leaving our comfort zone, meeting new people, and experiencing many of the joys this planet has to offer, we just have to take that first step, and then the next. Here are 18 quotes to inspire you to take the first step in getting out there again!
1) "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." — Oscar Wilde
2) "The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun." — Alexander Supertramp McCandless
3) "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all." — Helen Keller
4) “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” — Anthony Bourdain
5) “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” — John A. Shedd
6) "Days of slow walking are very long: they make you live longer, because you have allowed every hour, every minute, every second to breathe, to deepen, instead of filling them up by straining the joints." — Frederic Gros
7) “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” —Saint Augustine
8) "If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal.” — Paulo Coelho
9) “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
10) "We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we can seek them with our eyes open" — Jawaharlal Nehru
11) “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” — Mark Twain
12) “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet” — Rachel Wolchin
13) “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” — Terry Pratchett
14) “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” — Henry Miller
15) "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” — Lao Tzu
16) “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” ― Jack Kerouac
17) “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” ― Anonymous
18) “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” ― Randy Komisar
Getting out of your comfort zone, inherently, won't feel comfortable. But that feeling means you're doing it right; it means you'll grow; it means you will be a bigger person than you were yesterday. A little motivation from quotes like these can help put that little bit of struggle into perspective.
We can't wait to see where you get to next!